Low Carb Cheese Steaks
Cheesesteaks are my weakness. Along with stuffed peppers. All the carby goodness. Bread-less meat and cheese just wasn’t cutting it & I’m desperately missing one of my Nonna’s stuffed peppers.
So here we are, the best of both worlds: Cheese-Steak Stuffed Peppers.
- 2 Bell Peppers
- Meat of choice, thinly sliced (I used Italian beef, but anything works!)
- 4 oz. Mushrooms
- 1/2 Onion, sliced
- 8 slices of Provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to degrees F
- Boil a pot of salted water
- Cut bell peppers in half, remove the seeds
- Blanch peppers for 5-6 minutes
- Saute meat, mushrooms and onions until cooked through and caramelized
- Dry peppers and place in a baking dish
Place a slice of cheese into the bottom of each pepper, fill pepper with meat mixture and top with a second slice of cheese then Bake in oven for 25 minutes!