Low Carb Shepherd’s Pie
I was skeptical on this… cauliflower and I don’t exactly have the best track record LOL. All-in-all though, this turned out pretty tasty!
Traditional shepherd’s pie generally has potatoes, corn, carrots and peas. In order to make this a low carb alternative, we had to get a bit creative. I used cauliflower in place of the potatoes then used onions and mushrooms with the beef. You could add zucchini, eggplant or even tomatoes if you wanted!
(No judging my overflowing ‘half’ cup of cheese. Is there even such a thing as ‘too much’ cheese?)
- 1 bag of Steamable Cauliflower
- 2 oz. Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 2 tbsp. Heavy Cream
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 4 oz. Mushrooms
- 1/2 c. Onion, chopped
- 1/2 c. Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Steam cauliflower per the directions on the package. Once cooked, combine cauliflower, cream cheese, heavy cream and butter – I cheated and used my Ninja blender, SUPER convenient!
- Cook ground beef with onions and mushrooms (or which ever veggies you so choose)
- Pour the ground beef-veggie mixture into an 8×8 baking dish and top with the cauliflower mash
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 20-30 minutes, until cheese is melting & bubbly
Tip: I suggest sprinkling bacon bits on top because… Well… Who doesn’t LOVE Bacon?!
📍 Pin HERE for later!
How about Dessert?
Keto Berry Mug Cake
Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
Keto 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies