📍 Pin HERE for later!
- 1 & 1/2 c. Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 3 Tbsp. Cream Cheese (low fat is fine)
- 2/3 c. Fine Almond Flour
- 3 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 c. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Pound Pork Breakfast Sausage (any flavor, brand)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 c. Finely Chopped Green Pepper
1. Brown sausage and green pepper. Drain any grease and set aside to cool
2. In a mixing bowl combine almond flour, baking powder, and eggs. Mix well.
3. In microwave safe bowl, heat mozzarella and cream cheese for 30 Seconds. Remove and Stir. Repeat, 3 times total (1 minute, 30 seconds total).
4. Pour hot mozzarella mixture into flour mixture. Mix well.
5. Add cooled sausage/green peppers and cheddar cheese to mixture and stir well.
6. Make your “Dough” into a ball. Use plastic wrap or spray the inside of a Ziploc bag and put mixture inside and form a ball. Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
7. Divide dough mixture into eight sections and form into balls.
8. Spray cupcake tins (REALLY well) and place balls into eight outer sections. (make sure to add a little water to the inside sections)
9. Bake at 400° F for 10 to 14 minutes until golden brown and set..
Additional Notes: You really could add any ingredients you like to this. Bacon (fried first of course), onions, broccoli, there are SO MANY options! I first tried making these on a cookie sheet with parchment paper. They browned more on the edges, but were a dryer muffin, and I wanted them more moist. On my second attempt I used a muffin tin and they turned out PERFECT. It was a bit of a challenge getting them to come out in “Muffin” form with the tin though, so your choice, both ways worked. I am thinking aluminum muffin liners heavily sprayed may be a good option too.