If you love Deals as much as we do, make sure you come over and join our “Coupon Clippers Forum” Group on Facebook HERE, Where we share some of our favorite deals we find!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links and we will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on our links. You can view MCC’s Full Disclosure Policy HERE.
Irresistible Snickerdoodle Blondies
These bars are the spot on deliciousness of a fresh baked snickerdoodle without the work of rolling dough into balls and dipping into cinnamon & sugar. Not only are these already fast to mix up, you don’t even need to soften butter! You start with MELTED butter! Talk about wham bam, done! These tasty treats will be the hit at any family gathering or potluck.
Very important! DO NOT skip the cream of tarter (available at all grocery stores in the spice/baking aisle). This is what gives the cookies their distinctive tart/slightly sour background flavor setting them apart from a regular sugar cookie.
What you need:
- 1 cup butter melted & cooled *
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoon milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Mix these together and set aside
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Grease a 9×13 Pan (I used a glass dish)
- In a large bowl (or stand mixer bowl) combine melted butter, sugar, and milk. Mix until very well combined and slightly fluffy
- Add in eggs and vanilla. Combine
- Add flour, baking powder, cream of tartar and salt.
- Slowly stir dry ingredients into butter mixture until incorporated.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan
- Sprinkle with prepared cinnamon & sugar topping
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes until edges are just browned and a toothpick comes out clean or with a few crumbs (not wet batter). If using a dark or metal pan, be sure to check doneness around 20-22 minutes as it may bake faster and brown more.
These stay fresh for 2-3 days. If any of these remain more than a few days, refrigerate or freeze leftovers for best shelf life and flavor.
* I poured the melted butter into my stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and whipped on low until cool. About 2 minutes.
Recipe adapted from: Sugar Spun Run
Following a low carb lifestyle? Check out this alternative