Grab a few ingredients and mix up these melt in your mouth buttery lemon cookies. By a few I mean ONLY FOUR ingredients – lemon juice and zest count as one item, right?! These take just a few minutes and taste like you spent hours making a gourmet bakery cookie.
📌 Pin HERE for later!
What you need:
- 1 c. butter (2 sticks) – room temperature
- 2 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 c. flour
- Preheat oven to 400°
- In a large bowl, add butter, 1/2 c. powdered sugar and lemon zest. Cream together with a hand mixer
- Add flour and mix until a soft dough forms. This will be a slightly dry, crumbly dough.
- Roll into 36 balls and place onto an ungreased cookie sheet
- Flatten to about 1 1/2″ cookies. Do not worry about spacing. The cookies do not flatten or spread when baking
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until JUST set and barely brown on edges. Bottoms should remain pale
- Remove from oven and rest on pan for 2 minutes.
- Immediately remove from pan and place in a bowl with 1 c. powdered sugar. Gently toss to coat and put onto a cooling rack. Do 3 or 4 cookies at a time to avoid breaking them.
- Mix remaining 1 c. powdered sugar and 2 Tbsp. lemon juice to make a glaze. Add more lemon juice if needed to make a pourable glaze.
- Drizzle over cooled cookies creating a zig zag pattern to decorate. Allow to set.