Bottle Cap Coupon Board
(This is what I have hanging in my kitchen to keep coupons organized for shopping trips. It’s a twin of one on the other side of the wall, which holds bills awaiting payment)
You will need:
- Magnetic whiteboard (about $10 at Walmart)
- Way to hang the board (I used two Hercules Hooks, but you might want to use something more stable because the magnets will pull the board away from the wall when you try to lift them)
- Two packages of magnetic clips (about $2 ea at walmart)
- Package of craft bottlecaps, make sure they are the flat-backed ones(varies…$2-5/dozen at Hobby Lobby)
- Glue (I use one of those purple-to-clear glue sticks because they dry quickly without a mess)
- Package of 1″ epoxy stickers (about $3/dozen at Hobby Lobby)
- 1″ round hole punch (I got mine at Hobby Lobby for around $7, but they might be cheaper elsewhere…mine was worth the investment because I also make jewelry and hair bows like this)
- Hot-glue gun with sticks
- Color printer and at least one sheet of paper
- Start out by choosing a location for your board and hanging it. As I said earlier, the magnets will pull the board away from the wall a little, so make it as stable as you need it to be. Since the clips will angle the labels downward, you might want the board a little above eye level.
- Copy and paste the logos from the stores you normally go to onto a blank Word document. Resize them so they are tiny (about half an inch wide) and print them out. You might have some trial and error trying to get them small enough. Keep them all in a row along the margin so they’ll be easy to punch.
- Center the hole punch over each logo and punch them out. Use the glue to attach them to the front of each decorative bottlecap. LET THEM DRY. It’s tempting to do the whole thing quickly, but if you don’t let the glue dry the epoxy caps won’t attach right!
- When all of the logos have been glued into the bottlecaps, carefully place the epoxy caps over each and press firmly to get any air bubbles out.
- Use the hot glue gun to glue the bottlecaps to the clips. Don’t be stingy with the glue, because these will be under stress as you clip and unclip things. I attached mine and then went back over them until the entire tab was covered.
Place the clips and use to plan out your shopping trips! This way you can just grab your coupons and go.