Leprechaun Blossom Cookies
I turned one of my favorite shortbread cookies into a St. Patrick’s Day green cookie. By adding a bit of mint flavor, green food color, and seasonal sprinkles, these simple little cookies become Leprechaun Blossoms!
📍 Pin HERE for later!
- 1/2 c. butter – room temp.
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1/2 t. mint extract
- 1 1/4 c. flour
- 1 T. milk
- green food color
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 c. chocolate chips
- green sprinkles
- Using a mixer, cream butter and sugar until combined and fluffy.
- Add vanilla, mint, and green color (a few drops to make a nice green color).
- On low, mix in flour. Dough will be very dry and crumbly.
- Add milk (may need a bit more) just until dough comes together. Don’t make the dough sticky, just moist enough to roll into balls
- Form dough into 1″ balls and chill for 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350° while dough chills.
- Bake for 12 minutes until set and just barely brown
- Remove from oven and immediately, using the end of a wooden spoon or teaspoon measuring spoon, press a divot into each cookie.
- Move to a cooling rack and completely cool
While cookies are baking prepare ganache filling:
- In a microwave safe bowl, bring cream to a simmer in microwave (about 45 seconds)
- Remove from microwave and stir in chocolate chips. keep mixing until combined and glossy.
- Allow ganache to cool, but still pourable, as cookies bake and cool
- Once cookies are completely cool, fill indents with chocolate.
- Top with sprinkles if desired.
You could fill cookies with your favorite buttercream or even some store bought frosting!