Since the Parks are closed, why not bring a little of the magic to your own kitchen? Disney has released several of their TOP SECRET recipes to the public to keep us all feeling like we can bring a bit of the parks home, even when we can’t visit! We gave the Churro Bites a whirl and boy, they did not disappoint!
Don’t let the steps fool you, this is REALLY easy to make and comes together in snap! The chocolate dipping sauce is totally optional but adds a fun component and helps this feel extra special!
📍 Pin HERE for Later!
What you need:
- 1 c. water
- 8 Tbsp. Butter (1 stick)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Oil for Frying
- Combine water, butter, salt, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon a sauce pan over medium heat. Bring to a rolling boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add flour & stir vigorously until mix forms a ball. Remove from heat & let rest for 5-7 minutes
- Add eggs, one at a time, and stir until well combined (optional use a stand mixer for this step, its a game changer!)
- Mix sugar and remaining ½ teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl.
- Using caution, heat about 2 cups of oil in medium skillet or 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat or until temperature reaches 350˚.
- Fill a large piping bag or zip top bag fitted with large star tip.
- Pipe 1-inch strips of dough over saucepan, cut with knife, and drop into hot oil. Repeat until churro bites fill saucepan with room to fry.
- Fry churro bites until golden brown (approximately 5 minutes). Remove with slotted spoon or mesh spider strainer and lay on paper towel to drain.
- While still warm toss in churro bites until coated.
- Place on serving plate and serve with favorite dipping sauce.
Note: No piping bag or tips? Simply put in a ziptop bag and snip off a corner. You won’t have the traditional little grooves, but will fry and taste exactly the same!
Chocolate Dipping Sauce
What you need:
- 3/4 c. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 c. (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2/3 c. granulated sugar
- 2/3 c. evaporated milk
- In a small saucepan combine the chocolate, butter, and cinnamon
- Over medium heat and cook, stirring often, until melted through.
- Stir in the sugar, and gradually stir in the evaporated milk.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer over low heat for 8 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, let cool slightly before serving with the churros for dipping.
Churro recipe found HERE from Disney Parks Blog
More delicious desserts to try: