Parmesan Chicken Tenders
Chicken tenders are my favorite!
When I’m sick, what do I want? Chicken tenders. Got my wisdom teeth out, the first thing I eat? Chicken tenders. You get the point, right? Chicken tenders = <3
Now that I’ve started keto it killed my chicken tender vibe. I had to come up with a way to bring them back into my life. So here we are — an absolutely delicious, low carb way to have them anytime I want!
- 1 lb. Chicken Tenders, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 1/2 c. Mayo (I use Primal Kitchen – Avocado Oil Mayo)
- 1/4 c. Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- 1/4 c. Almond Flour
- Seasonings to taste (I used black pepper, garlic powder, pink Himalayan salt and cayenne)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Pat chicken dry with a paper towel, then season
- Combine Parmesan and almond flour, mix well
- Coat chicken in a thin layer of mayo. (Now I know what you’re thinking… WHAT?! But hear me out. This acts like the egg when frying chicken; if you think about it, mayo is just eggs and oil. It also makes the chicken tender and keeps it juicy! Tip: This part gets just a little messy, I highly suggest using gloves – NO MESS!
- Once chicken is coated, dredge in the almond-parmesan mix
- Bake on a nonstick cookie sheet at 400 for 15-20 minutes
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce
Anyone that knows me, knows these two things: My first love is chicken tenders & my second is HOT SAUCE! (bonus: most hot sauces have no carbs)