To be honest…I do not love pizza. I really don’t even like it. – at all – What I do love? PIZZA TOPPINGS! You know how kids usually leave the crust? Well that’s me. Except I leave the whole slice of pizza, minus the toppings.
Now… I know what you’re thinking. “Who the heck doesn’t love a good slice of pizza?” Let’s just settle this now & I’ll send myself to the corner. Buying pizza and just eating the toppings, what a waste!
So… low and behold: my new best friend. PIZZA TOPPING PIZZAS!
Pin HERE for later!
- Portabella mushroom caps
- Low carb marinara sauce
- Mozzarella cheese (I use fresh and cut thick slices)
- Pizza toppings of choice (for these I just did fresh tomato, but I use mini pepperonis, too)
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Using a spoon, remove the ‘fins’ inside the mushroom caps
- Rub the mushroom caps in olive oil and place top down on a nonstick cookie sheet
- Fill mushroom caps with marinara and pizza toppings of choice
- Roast in oven for 20 minutes
Here is the sauce I use: It’s tasty & negative net carb! WI fans – I get this at Woodman’s