Need a perfect finger food dessert for your next get-together? You HAVE GOT TO try these ‘Deviled Strawberries’ They come together in just a few minutes and use a only a handful of simple ingredients. These remind me of a delicious bite of cheesecake, but without the spring form pan and long baking time!
PLUS, you can make these keto/low carb friendly by just substituting your favorite alternative sweetener! Oh and they are gluten free!
📍 Pin HERE for later
What you need:
- 1 – 8 oz cream cheese (set out to room temperature)
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream
- 1 t. vanilla
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 2 T. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 pound of large strawberries (approximate). You will want large berries. Smaller ones will not work well for this! I learned the hard way!
- Optional: Graham Cracker Crumbs or Crushed Vanilla Wafers for garnish
Prep the Berries.
- Clean and dry the strawberries. Slice the top (hull) off of each.
- Slice each berry in half lengthwise.
- Remove a small piece off the back round side so the berry will lay flat on the serving tray.
- Using a hull tool, melon baller or spoon, carefully remove the middle of the strawberry so there is a ‘hole’ to catch the filling.
Make the filling:
- Beat the cream cheese in a large mixing bowl until smooth & slightly fluffy
- Mix in vanilla, sugar, and lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Carefully fold the cream cheese mixture and whipping cream together.
- Put filling into a piping bag or ziptop bag fitted with a star tip (optional) or just nip off the corner for filling.
- Pipe each strawberry, generously filling the hole you created.
- If adding the cracker crumbs do so now. I did not for this photo, because I needed a gluten free dessert option.
Important Note: I would not prep these too far ahead of service. These held up well for my event and set out about one hour. The strawberries will eventually start to become soft and more juicy as the sugar and lemon juice from the filling start to macerate.