Slow Cooker Chicken Chili
I am one of those people that could eat soup EVERY DAY, no matter the weather. It doesn’t even matter what kind: chili, chicken noodle, spicy tortilla, cheesy broccoli, potato . . . do I need to go on? Give me ALL THE SOUP!
One of my go to’s is Chicken Chili. Tossing everything in a slow cooker and using a rotisserie chicken makes the prep of this mild and rich chili a snap.
📌 Pin HERE for later!
What you need:
- 6 c. chicken broth
- 3 c. cooked and chopped chicken (use a rotisserie to save time)
- 4 cans white beans (great northern, canellini, or your favorite kind) – drained & rinsed
- 2 cans 4.5 oz. mild chopped green chilies
- 2 t. salt
- 2 t. cumin
- 2 t. oregano
- 1/2 t. cayenne pepper (more or less to your tastes)
- 1/2 t. black pepper
- 2 t. garlic powder
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- Put all ingredients EXCEPT cream into a slow cooker on low. Cook for 4 hours stirring occasionally. Taste for seasoning. Add salt and pepper as needed.
- Add cream before serving and allow to heat thru
- Serve with cheese, sour cream, cilantro and/or onion if desired.
One of the BEST parts of making a big pot of chili – LEFTOVERS! As with most chili recipes, this tastes even better the next day! It freezes well, too!