When I purchased a mini bundt pan a few months ago, little did I know how much fun I would have using it. I have found so many ways to bake & decorate with it!
These adorable nests take no special ingredients and can be done with regular cupcakes too. I used a mini muffin tin to make bite size cakes and topped with egg shaped candy sprinkles to show the variation.
Mix up a cake mix, top with a 3 ingredient glaze, sprinkle coconut on top and add some jelly beans. DONE! How easy is that? Plus, this is very kid friendly! They can help put cupcake liners in, shake the coconut, pour the glaze and add the jelly beans.
📌 Pin HERE for Later.
What you need:
- (1) Box yellow or white cake mix
- Oil, Water, Eggs needed per the cake directions
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 1/4 c. heavy cream (or whole milk or half & half)
- 1/2 t. vanilla (clear is best)
- 1/2 c. coconut flakes
- green food coloring
- jelly beans, malted milk balls or sprinkles for the ‘eggs’
- Prepare cake mix according to the package directions
- If using a mini bundt pan, carefully coat the pan with non-stick spray
- If using a muffin tin, line with paper cups. Spray the paper cups lightly with non-stick spray to ensure a clean removal
- Bake cake according to package directions. (usually about 20 minutes for cupcakes)
- Remove from pan and allow to completely cool
Prepare grass topping:
- Add coconut to a storage container with a tight fitting lid
- Add 2 drops of food color
- Cover and shake until the coconut is green. This takes a few minutes. Add more food coloring if desired.
For the glaze:
- In a mixing bowl combine powdered sugar, vanilla & cream
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Add heavy cream 1 TBSP at a time until a pour-able consistency is reached. You can add more cream if required. Just add small amounts in at a time so the glaze does not become too runny.
- Add a few drops of green food color to lightly tint green
Frost and decorate:
- Put cakes onto a cooling rack that is set inside a cookie sheet to catch drips.
- If using cupcakes, remove paper liners for a clean look, if desired.
- Pour glaze over the tops of cakes so that it starts to drip down the sides.
- Top with colored coconut
- Add 3 jelly beans to the top of each
- Allow for glaze to set
More Easter Ideas: