Whether you are making deviled eggs, egg salad or dying Easter Eggs you will not find an easier & faster way to prepare hard boiled eggs.
Cooking in your pressure cooker, the eggs are done in minutes! Using an easy to remember 5-5-5 method, believe me when I say you will never boil another pot of water for eggs again!
Not only are the eggs cooked PERFECTLY, they peel like a dream!
📌 Pin here for later
What you need:
- Electric Pressure Cooker
- 1 dozen eggs*
- 1 c. water
- Large Bowl, Water, & Ice
Making the eggs:
FIVE Minutes on High
- Insert the metal rack into pressure cooker. Layer eggs inside. Add water. Cover and seal. Set timer to 5 minutes on HIGH pressure.
- Using the large bowl, prepare an ice bath to rest cook eggs in. I also inserted a strainer to make removing the eggs after they are finished easier!
FIVE Minutes to Release Pressure
- Allow pressure to release for 5 minutes naturally.
- Once 5 minutes have passed, carefully, using tongs or a wooden spoon, manually release the remaining pressure. As an added precaution, cover the release valve with a towel to protect your hand from the steam. Remove lid from cooker
FIVE Minutes in an Ice Bath
- Remove eggs, using tongs or an oven mitt and place into the ice water bath. Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Remove from water and peel.
* You can do more or less than than 1 dozen eggs per batch. I did 2 dozen with perfect results following the 5-5-5 method.