As I have mentioned before, I like to prepare a large batch of chicken in the slow cooker to use during the week for quick meal prep. I love knowing I have a protein cooked and ready to go for any number of meals through out the week! PLUS, I end up with a nice stash of stock for soups and chicken chili! Even better, if you have leftover cooked meat after a few days, just toss it in the freezer for later!
I gave this new recipe a try and it received RAVE reviews from both kids! All I have to do is mention pasta, and I have my kid’s full attention for any meal. This is very quick to put together, requires no special ingredients and is very kid friendly. Use a rotisserie chicken to save some time and serve with a salad for a nice balanced meal.
What you need:
- 1 lb Penne pasta (or other short cut pasta)
- 2 cups shredded or cubed cooked chicken
- 1 jar (15 oz) Alfredo pasta sauce
- 1 c. ranch dressing (regular or light)
- 2 t. ranch dressing powder/mix
- 1/2 t. cracked black pepper
- 6 slices chopped cooked bacon
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz)
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Cook the bacon until crisp and chop into bite size pieces (I prefer to bake mine in the oven)
- Cook the pasta in boiling, salted water until JUST soft. Do not over cook or your pasta will become mushy since it is also baked
- While pasta is cooking, mix Alfredo, ranch, seasonings, and chicken.
- Drain pasta and mix into Alfredo/chicken mixture
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 baking dish
- Top with shredded cheese and cooked bacon
- Bake, uncovered for 25 Minutes or until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbling.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before serving
The leftovers reheat wonderfully and taste even better the next day.
Recipe adapted from HERE