The Washer Monster is at it again, an odd sock here, and odd sock there! Wouldn’t you like to know where they go?
We have some suggestions for those odd or old socks that may be accumulating in your house! They have SO MANY more uses then just wearing them on your feet!
1) Make a Dust Rag – Adult size socks fit perfectly over your hand. Dip them in hot soapy water, and clean away! Or spray cleaner right on them while on your hand and dust your coffee table, furniture, and more! (I LOVE using socks on my hands for mini blinds)
2) Sock door Draft – These work best with Knee highs, especially wool socks! Here are step by step directions.
3) Heating Pad/Muscle Relaxer – Fill your sock with cheap rice and tie or sew closed one end. Place in the microwave for one minute WITH a glass of water. (Not in the glass, you just need the glass of water for the moisture so that your sock does not start on fire) After a minute check if it is hot enough for you, if you need it a bit warmer, go in 20 second intervals. Place on the back of your neck or achy joints. You can reuse it over and over again.
4) ipod Arm Band Holder – Do not spend $20 or $30 on these! Take an old tube sock, Cut off the top, fold over the edges, and use it to hold your ipod as you are jogging, walking, or working out!
5) Finger Nail Polish Remover – Is it an old sock not good enough for other uses? Cut it up and use it to remove finger nail polish! No cotton ball fibers getting stuck on your nails that way!
6) Gardening or Work Shop Soap Holder – Put a bar of soap in an old sock and tie it to the outside faucet or utility room faucet. Works GREAT when you have some dirty hands to clean and it is always handy!
7) Make some Cat Toys – Take an old sock, add a bell and some plastic bags, close it up, and they will have LOADS of fun! The noise gets them every time!
8 Wrap some Breakables – Are you moving or have to store some breakables? Use old socks! They work PERFECT! (Also works great for breakable Christmas Ornaments)
9) Girls Socks – Do you have some frilly pretty socks? Turn them into doll clothes! Use your imagination.
10) Toy Holder – Have a bunch of little pieces to a toy that keeps getting lost in the toy box? Use an old sock to store them in.
11) Keep little hands Toasty Warm – Old socks work GREAT under mittens in the winter time! They give the little ones a little extra warmth!
12) Protect Your Shoes – Put socks over shoes to protect them during storing or while traveling to keep them from getting your clothes dirty in your suitcase.
DO NOT USE OLD SOCKS for Dog Toys. Reason being, Once you give them a tied off old sock they will sometimes think it is ok to chew on your other GOOD Socks.