Transform a frozen loaf of bread dough into sweet and sticky cinnamon rolls in minutes with this simple recipe. Gooey, warm, and full of cinnamon & nuts, these turn any breakfast or brunch into a special meal. Even better, they take minimum effort and come together with easy ingredients. The best part is – NO mixing up yeast dough.
The hardest thing is remembering to set the dough out to rise the night before!
📍 Pin HERE for Later
What you need:
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough
- 1/2 c. corn syrup
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans
- 1 T. vanilla
- 1 stick butter (split in half)
- 1 T. cinnamon
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 – 24 ct. Mini Muffin Tin
- Parchment Paper
THE NIGHT BEFORE. Place a piece of parchment on a cookie sheet. Heavily spray with cooking oil. Place a loaf of frozen bread dough on it. Spritz more oil on top of the loaf and cover with another piece of parchment. Place out the way for the night to thaw & rise. I usually stick mine in the oven to keep it safe from pets! Let rise for 8-12 hours so set out according to when you plan to bake the dough the following day.
Prepare pecan topping:
- Very thoroughly spray the muffin tin with cooking spray. Make sure each cup is well coated and the top of the pan as well.
- Bring 4 T. (1/2 stick) butter, corn syrup, and pecans to a gentle boil over low heat in a sauce pan. Boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla
- Put approximately 1 t. of the pecan topping into each muffin tin
Prepare the rolls:
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Lift the dough off the cookie sheet, keeping it on the parchment paper
- Using a rolling pin or your hands flatten dough into a thin rectangle. I prefer to do it with my hands. Start in the middle and just work the dough outward. It is very easy to work with and you can’t really hurt it! Aim for approximately 24″ long by 8″ deep.
- Soften the remaining 1/2 stick of butter.
- Spread into the dough rectangle
- Combine cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over the butter covered dough
- Roll the dough, from the longest side into a tight roll.
- Using a serrated knife (a bread knife is best) cut the dough roll into 24 equal portions
- Place a dough round into each prepared muffin cup
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until lightly browned and raised
- Remove from oven. Immediately place a piece of parchment paper on top of rolls
- Put a cookie sheet over the parchment lined rolls and CAREFULLY turn over. You are moving a very hot pan with very hot liquid sugar. USE OVEN MITTS ON BOTH HANDS
- After inverting, lift off muffin tin. The rolls will have pop out easily as long as you quickly flip them out while very hot. If a few pecans stay in pan, just spoon them back on top!
- Allow to cool slightly. Serve warm
Recipe adapted from HERE