Let’s talk chocolate chip cookies! Who doesn’t love a warm from the oven, soft, melty fresh baked one?!?! For YEARS I struggled making them! It really was my cookie Achilles Heel! THEN, my amazing Sister in Law Erin shared with me her husband’s family recipe. ** Insert heavenly angels singing and glowing sun rays! ** These have become my fail-proof, go to, BEST COOKIE recipe! Big, soft, just slightly crisp edges and FULL of chocolate chips.
📍 Pin HERE for later!
What you need:
- 3 sticks butter (no substitutions) room temperature
- 1 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 4 1/4 c. flour
- 1 t. soda
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. salt
- 1 – 12 oz bag semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Cream butter and sugars together on medium speed with a hand or stand mixer
- Once light and fluffy add eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and slowly mix just until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Scoop by large tablespoons 2″ apart on an ungreased cookie sheet
- Bake 12 minutes until just slightly browned around edges and cookies start to crack
- Allow to rest on pan 2 minutes before moving to cooling rack
Makes about 5 dozen LARGE cookies. This dough freezes well if you would like to bake half the batch!