Loaded Potato Skins
One of my FAVORITE restaurant appetizers is a gooey, cheesy, crispy, potato skins! Did you know you can whip them up at home in no time? These take just a few minutes to prep and come out just as delicious as your favorite restaurant’s menu item!
📌 Pin HERE for later!
What you need:
- 5 or 6 Medium Potatoes – Baked and Cooled
- 4 T. Butter Melted
- 2 c. Shredded cheese
- 1 c. cooked, chopped bacon (I cheat and use a store bought package of prepared bacon!)
- Salt, Pepper & Garlic to season
- Chopped Green Onion
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Bake your potatoes in your preferred method (microwave, oven, pressure cooker)
- Allow to cool completely (I like to make them the day before)
- Cut each in half the LONG WAY
- Use a spoon to scoop out the middle leaving behind a generous, thick shell.
- Put skins on a parchment or foil lined baking sheet
- Brush the melted butter over the insides of the potatoes
- Season liberally with salt, pepper & garlic
- Bake 30 minutes until browned and starting to crisp
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese and bacon
- Bake another 5 minutes until cheese melts and bacon slightly crisps.
- Garnish with Green Onions and serve with ranch or sour cream!
Note: I like to use the scooped out middles for potato soup or fry up for delicious american fries!
Check out this tried & true ranch dressing recipe PERFECT for serving on the side!