Grasshopper Mint Brownies with Chocolate Ganache Topping
Nothing like the upcoming 🍀 St. Patrick’s Day 🍀 holiday to bring out all the delicious green & mint treats! Don’t get me wrong, I will gladly play all along and use this as a perfect excuse to make all things mint. Add some chocolate to the equation and BOOM how can you say no?
These tasty bites use a store bought mix and a bit ‘o the Irish with creme de menthe buttercream! PLUS pour over a simple chocolate ganache and you have one beautiful and tasty dessert!
📌 Pin HERE for later!
What you need:
- 1 brownie mix + the eggs, oil & water called for on the box
Note: Prepare in the ‘fudgy’ method for best results
- 4 oz. butter, room temperature
- 3 tsp. Creme de Menthe
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 – 2 Tbsp. cream or milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Note: if you prefer no alcohol add 1 t. mint extract and a few drops of green food coloring plus additional cream to make up for the liquid difference.
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 c. semi sweet chocolate chips
- colored sprinkles if desired
- Preheat oven temperature as indicated on the box brownie mix (usually 325-350° F)
- Heavily spray a mini muffin tin with nonstick spray. Be sure to get the sides and top so the brownies pop out nicely
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions using the ‘fudge-like’ directions
- Fill the mini muffin tins 2/3 full with batter
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes until toothpick comes out clean
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes
- Remove brownies from pan and allow to cool completely
While brownies cool prepare the ganache:
- Warm cream to a simmer over low heat
- Remove from heat and add chocolate chips. Stir until completely combined and the sauce becomes glossy. It takes a minute of stirring, don’t worry it will all mix together!
- Set aside and allow to cool to room temperature (can put in fridge if necessary)
- Using a hand mixer, combine butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, 2 t. creme de menthe, and 1 Tbsp. of cream.
- Start mixing. Add more cream and mint until desired fluffy texture has been reached.
- Frost each brownie with a generous amount of frosting.
- Once the ganache topping has cooled to room temperature pour a small amount on top of each brownie.
- Decorate with sprinkles if desired.