Chewy Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
Turning a few pantry staples into a satisfying breakfast has never been easier. These are slightly sweet and have a delicious butter flavor. They remind of Sunbelt Bakery Chewy granola bars! Mix up a batch and have a homemade, filling breakfast ready for the entire week!
📍 Pin here for later!
What you need:
- 2 c. oatmeal
- 2 c. flour
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 1/2 c. shredded coconut
- 1 stick butter
- 1/4 c. corn syrup or honey
- 4 tsp. boiling water
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 300°
- In a large mixing bowl combine oats, flour, sugar and coconut.
- Melt butter and corn syrup or honey together in microwave.
- Stir boiling water into baking soda until dissolved.
- Add soda mixture to butter mixture. Combine well (mixture will foam – see photo below!)
- Pour into dry ingredients and mix.
- Beat the eggs slightly and stir into oat mixture. The dough is slightly dry and very thick and takes a bit of effort to combine completely.
- In a well greased 9×13 pan (glass will work best) press mixture firmly
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 20 minutes.
- Use a knife or sturdy spatula, cut around the edges and start to loosen from pan. Turn the bars out of the pan onto a cutting board.
- Cut into 18-24 bars.
Note: You could drizzle these with melted chocolate or stir in chopped nuts, cinnamon, vanilla, or chocolate chips depending on your preferences.
Take a look at these other breakfast ideas: