Brownie Batter Puppy Chow
No matter whether you call it Puppy Chow or Muddy Buddies, you will call this a new favorite treat! Instead of shaking the cereal in powdered sugar, use a brownie mix for an insanely delicious chocolate kick as good as licking out the brownie batter bowl!
Add seasonal sprinkles to the brownie mix and you can turn this into the perfect treat for any holiday!!
📌 Pin HERE for later!
What you need:
- 1 – 12 oz box Rice Chex
- 1 – 12 oz bag chocolate chips
- 1 c. creamy peanut butter
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1 – 17-20 oz. brownie mix (any brand or flavor)
- large paper or plastic bag
- Optional: Sprinkles or candies to match the Holiday Theme you want!
- Put cereal into a large mixing bowl
- In a microwave safe bowl add chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter.
- Microwave (if your microwave has a power setting, I highly recommend reducing the power to 7) for 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth and combined. Be careful not to over heat and stir often! You can do this on the stove top as well!
- Pour melted chocolate mixture over cereal and carefully mix until well coated.
- Put cereal into the bag and top with dry brownie mix
- Get the bag tightly closed and give it a good shake. Side to side & up and down. Shake for about 1 minute making sure to constantly be turning the bag. Check that it is well coated and separated into single pieces. If not, keep shaking!
- Add sprinkles and candies of choice for a pop of color
- Cover and store in a sealed container once completely cool
More Valentine’s Day Ideas: