Sweet & Savory Chicken Wings
A follower on our Facebook Page shared this recipe with me. I will admit, I was very skeptical when I saw lemon gelatin as one of the ingredients, but to my whole family’s surprise these turned out DELICIOUS! We liked them so much that I am considering trying to change the recipe and make them with orange gelatin – an Orange Chicken?
I did not add the poppy seeds because my son would not try them if I did. If any of you do, I would love to hear your thoughts!
📌 Pin HERE for later
- 1 Cup Pineapple Juice
- 1 Cup Soy Sauce
- 3 Pounds Chicken Wings
- 1 Box (1 – 1/2 Ounces) Lemon Flavored Gelatin
- 2 Tablespoons Poppy Seeds (Optional)
- Preheat the Oven to 350° F
- In large bowl, mix pineapple juice & soy sauce.
- Add wings to a large bowl or Ziplock bag and marinate for an hour in the fridge.
- Line a rimmed cookie sheet with foil and arrange wings in a single layer. Pour 1/2 c. of the marinade over the wings, then sprinkle with half the lemon gelatin.
- Bake for 30 Minutes.
- Remove from oven and flip wings over. Sprinkle with remaining gelatin & poppy seeds if using.
- Bake until golden brown, about an additional 30 minutes. You want the internal temp. to be AT LEAST 165° F
Recipe from Every Day with Rachael Ray