Cream Cheese Pancakes
Before changing to a low carb life style, I never used to be a pancake person.
Funny how once you “can’t” have something, it’s all you want!
While making these low carb crêpes I decided to take a left turn because now, all i wanted was…a stack of fluffy pancakes with lots of syrup.
- 6 eggs (I used medium so it was less eggy)
- 4 oz. cream-cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp. sugar substitute – Swerve Granular
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. xanthan gum, optional – I use this
- Heat your skillet over medium heat, melting a small amount of butter.
- To achieve a fluffy pancake, you will need 1/3 c. batter. Pour half of your 1/3 c. into the hot pan, once this starts to set pour the remaining batter ON TOP of your cooking pancake. You don’t have to do this step, this just helps you to get a thicker pancake.
Try these other great low carb recipes: