I promise, you will be the talk of the party at any get together when you take these along with a container of cheese spread! They are SO SIMPLE but always a HUGE HIT. My mom started making these a long time ago and now they are a MUST HAVE at every holiday. If you think they will taste like a bread stick…. THANK AGAIN… Nothing even close!
Here is a coupon to save: Save $1.00 when you buy any TWO Pillsbury™ Refrigerated Baked Goods Products
- 2 Refrigerated Pillsbury Bread Stick Packs
- 2 Eggs
- Tbsp. Water
- Coarse Salt
- Parchment Paper & Pastry Brush
Are you ready? You truly are not going to believe how SIMPLE these are!
- Pre-heat your oven to 375F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together two eggs and 1 Tbsp. of water
- Unroll dough; separate into 12 strips. Gently roll the strips between your hands to round them.
- Form a pretzel shape on the parchment paper on a cookie sheet
- Brush your egg wash liberally on each pretzel
- Bake your pretzels for 10 to 13 minutes or until golden brown
- IMMEDIATELY when you pull your pretzels from the oven, brush liberally again with the egg wash and sprinkle with salt (this is very important to do this fast so your egg wash bakes on the HOT pretzel)
- Let your pretzels cool for at 2 hours before putting them in a bowl or a cute lined basket to serve to your guests.
It is VERY TEMPTING to try one right away…. but wait… if you try them right away without letting them sit for a few hours, they will taste more like a bread stick. Once they cool, you will have a yummy, gorgeous, glossy, soft pretzel that tastes just as good as they look! Do not forget to put some cheese spread on before you eat!