(ADULT ONLY Alcohol Beverage)
- 6 Mason Jars
- 3 Large bags of Skittles
- 1 Large bottle of Vodka (any brand)
- Coffee filters
- Separate Skittles by color
- Fill each mason jar half to three quarters full with each flavor (or combination if you choose) of Skittle.
- Fill jar with vodka of your choice
- Cover and shake gently.
- Let jars sit 12-24 hours until Skittles are dissolved. (shaking every few hours will speed up this process.)
- After skittles are dissolved, strain your vodka slowly through a coffee filter to remove sugary residue. (You may need to rinse your coffee filter a few times during this process so it does not clog)
- Chill and enjoy!
These make fabulous, inexpensive holiday gifts!
Another variation I have tried is using peppermint candy canes instead of the skittles. You will not need to strain the vodka if you use candy canes. Hang a candy cane from the bottle and it is set to give as a gift. It tastes GREAT mixed with hot chocolate!