Easy Salsa Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease 9×13 baking dish.
- Mix all spices and sugar to make a homemade taco seasoning. Sprinkle over both sides of the chicken breasts. Place chicken in pan. Pour salsa over chicken breasts.
- Bake 25-35 minutes or until juices in chicken run clear. If you’re in a hurry, pound chicken breasts flat and they will cook faster.
- Sprinkle cheese over chicken and bake until cheese is melted.
- Serve with sour cream on the side.
- Save a spice container and fill it with the seasonings listed to have homemade taco seasoning available at all times.
- A good meat pounder (HERE is the one I got on Amazon) will be your best friend on nights when you need to get dinner on the table in a hurry. The thicker your meat, the longer it takes to cook.
- Serve this with Mexican corn and rice for a great weeknight meal!