I found this recipe on save-a-lot food stores website and decided to try making it this weekend. To my surprise, it was VERY yummy! We all enjoyed it. I did add a pound of cooked ground turkey and also had elbow macaroni prepared and in a bowl on the table for those that wanted to add noodles (I am from Wisconsin, we like noodles in our Chili) Serve with some rye bread for dipping and you have a fast, easy, delicious meal.
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Cans Black Beans, Drained And Rinsed
- 2 Cups Pumpkin Puree
- 4 Cups Broth, Chicken Or Vegetable
- 1 Tsp Oregano Crushed
- 1 Tsp Parsley
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Cumin
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 Pepper, Diced
- 1 Onion, Diced
- To Taste Salt And Pepper
1. In a large pan heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add diced onion, pepper and garlic and cook until softened.
2. Add cumin and chili powder and mix to combine.
3. Add broth, pumpkin puree, black beans and diced tomato and stir to combine.
4. Add parsley and oregano.
5. Reduce heat to low and let soup simmer for 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Want to add some meat? Try adding in cooked ground turkey for some extra protein! Top with cheddar cheese and sour cream.
Recipe and Photo from: Save-a-lot Food Stores Website