Monster Munch Snack Mix
Personalize this snack mix however your family likes. Mix and match any cereal, crackers, or candies you can imagine!
What you need:
5 c. Chex Cereal
5 c. Cheerios
3 c. Mini Pretzels
3 c. Gold Fish Crackers
2 c. Peanuts, Cashews or mixed Nuts*
1/2 c. Creamy Peanut Butter*
3/4 c. Butter (real butter, no substitutions)
1 1/2 c. Light Brown Sugar
2/3 c. Light Corn Syrup
2 t. Vanilla
1 t. Baking Soda
Additional Add ins of your choice: Reese’s Pieces, M&Ms, Candy Corn, etc.
How to Make it:
- Mix Cereal, Crackers & Nuts in a large roasting pan
- Bring peanut butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and butter to boil over medium-low heat in large pot stirring regularly.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla & baking soda and stir vigorously (it will become foamy and expand)
- Pour caramel over cereal, crackers and nuts and stir to coat.
- Bake in a 250 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 1 hour stirring every 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Stir regularly to keep the cooling pieces from sticking together.
- Once cool, toss in candies as desired.
- Store in an air tight container.
*If you would like to make a peanut free version follow the caramel recipe HERE and use whatever Cereal & Cracker combination you would like!