This easy hearty soup is a hint spicy, but a little sweet. It comes together in a few minutes and you can mix and match veggies to what you prefer or have on hand.
• 1 tablespoon of oil
• 1 cup chopped onion
• 1/2 cup celery
• 1 tablespoon minced garlic
• 1 pound ground beef
• 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour
• 1 46-48 oz bottle of original or spicy V-8 juice
• 2 cups of diced carrots (about 2 large)
• 2 cups of corn
• 2 cups of cut green beans
• 3 tablespoons sugar
• 10 dashes of hot sauce (I always use Frank’s & doesn’t make it spicy, just
rounds the flavor out)
• 1 teaspoon of kosher salt, or to taste
• black pepper, to taste
• 2 c. small cut pasta – cooked just until tender
In the bottom of a Dutch oven or other heavy pot, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the onions and celery; cook and stir until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and ground beef, cook and stir until meat is browned and cooked through. Drain off excess fat. Sprinkle meat with flour; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add the V-8 juice. Stir in the carrots, corn and green beans. Add hot sauce, sugar and seasonings to taste. Stir, cover and simmer over medium to medium low (low bubble) for about 30 minutes or until veggies are tender, stirring occasionally. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Feel free to add more sugar or hot sauce depending on your preferences! Just before serving, add cooked pasta.
You can add diced potatoes, but I prefer to add the pasta. Toss in whatever veggies you have on hand. I have used diced tomatoes, peas, and even canned or frozen veggies to get it done quickly! You can skip the flour part, too if you want a runnier soup. The flour makes it rich & thick.
📍 Pin HERE