Cinnamon Roll Chex Mix
Preheat Oven to 250° F
- 2 – 12 oz. Boxes Rice Chex Cereal
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3 sticks real butter (no substitutions)
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 2 c. mixed nuts (optional)
- 2 c. white chocolate
- 2 large roasting pans
(I use disposable aluminum roasters, they are large enough and easy to mix in)
- Pour cereal & nuts into roasting pans
- Bring brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, cinnamon, and nutmeg to boil over medium-low heat in large pot stirring regularly.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add baking soda and vanilla; stir vigorously (it will become foamy and expand)
- Pour caramel over cereal and stir to coat.
- Bake in a 250° F oven for 1 hour stirring every 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Stir regularly to keep the cooling pieces from sticking together.
- Melt and white chocolate over a double boiler or carefully in the microwave*
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the cooled cereal.
- Allow to set and break into pieces.
- Store in an air tight container.
IMPORTANT: This will not stay crisp if made in humid weather or if left uncovered for long periods.
*TIP: If your white chocolate seizes or isn’t smooth add a teaspoon of coconut oil to loosen it up and make it spreadable