Rainbow Seven Layer Jell-O
Rainbow Seven Layer Jell-O Recipe
Small Jello Boxes of the Following Flavors
- Lemon or Pineapple
- Blue Raspberry
- Black Cherry
- 2 Cans of Evaporated Milk
- Glass Rectangular Baking Dish
You can do the layers in what ever color scheme you want. I always start bottom (Black Cherry) up. You can also use different flavors if you choose.
- Make sure you have a FLAT surface in your refrigerator. IF it is not flat, putting a folded paper toweling under one side of the dish to even it out also works.
- Mix the first layer. Boil 1 1/2 cups of boiling water with the first jello packet and pour into the pan or mold you are using. Put it in the fridge and let it set COMPLETELY.
- Mix the second layer. With the second jello packet add 1 Cup of Boiling water and 1/2 cup of evaporated milk. (DO NOT POUR OVER FIRST LAYER YET) What I do is let this second layer cool in the bowl. (DO NOT PUT IN THE FRIDGE) ONCE it is cool, THEN you can pour it CAREFULLY over the first layer in the pan or mold. YOU MUST make sure that the first layer that is in the fridge is set, and the 2nd layer you have mixed up in the bowl is completely cool, or your layers will melt together.
- Continue doing layer, after layer alternating. One layer is just made with a cup and a half of water, and the next layer is made with only one cup of water and a half cup of evaporated milk.
THAT IS IT! It is a little time consuming, but WORTH EVERY SECOND!
Shopping with Little Ones – The Joys and The Woes
I have a love -hate emotion when I take either one of my kids grocery shopping with me. I took my son (4 years old) , who said “Mom I will behave” to Pick N’ Save recently. We just walked in the store and were heading down the first aisle… The bouncing up and down Dance of” I got to pee!” starts… Off we race to the OTHER side of the store.
Aisle 1 (Again) – BATHROOM EMERGENCY OVER…Doing great so far, He is helping me pick stuff out and putting it in cart!
Aisle 3 – He sees an end-cap dispaly with Keebler cookies (goes with my coupons and the sale) so he picks out a package… But THEN the whine starts of wanting a cookie now. OF course he wants a Cookie NOW.
Aisle 7 – See photo
“I am NOT getting up Until you have a Coupon for this!”
Yes my wonderful son threw a fit in the cereal aisle. He wanted this giant box of cereal with marshmallows. I of course said “NO” and this was the aftermath. LOL. He laid there for about 15 mins. There was no reasoning with him at this point. Finally I just started walking away. He did follow, doing a slow army crawl after me. So embarrassing, but now funny to me.
Now my son does NOT do this every time he begs to come with me. He usually is pretty good, and a great helper, but of course sometimes, Don’t we all have these days? A few tips that helps our trip go a little smoother…
We like to play the letter game. I spell out the product or give him the first letter and we “race” to see who finds it first. He usually wins! Another game we play is a matching game. I give him a coupon and he has to find the product. This is his favorite game. Food also comes in handy especially when I bring my 2 year old daughter. This is rare though as to she gets wiggly after about 3 aisles. So I have to go fast through through the store, which is not my style . Now daddy watches her.
I love the free samples that my store now has on Saturdays. Dylan got to choose cheese and got some fresh popcorn. Yesterday they had wine for mom too, After Aisle 7 I NEEDED IT!
♥♥ Thanksgiving Feast Printable Coupons ♥♥
I will try and keep these as updated as possible as new ones come and go over the holidays. If you can think of any other ones, please feel free to comment below and I will add them for all our fans to see also.
♥♥ Main Course ♥♥
$1 off one Butterball turkey (Under food in zip code 53225)
Save $5.00 by mail when you buy ONE (1) Butterball® Fresh or Frozen Whole Turkey or ONE(1) Butterball® Ready to Roast item.
Stove Top Stuffing
$1.00 off two KRAFT STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix
Bridgford Rolls or Bread
$0.55 off Bridgford Frozen Rolls or Bread
Del Monte Green Beans
Save $0.50/4 or $1.00/8 Del Monte Green Beans
Marshmallows (for those Sweet potatoes)
$0.50 off two KRAFT JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
♥♥ Desserts & Baking ♥♥
Mrs. Smith’s Pie
$1/1 Mrs. Smith’s Whole Pies
$0.50 off two KRAFT JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
$0.50 off any one BAKER’S Chocolate
Gold Medal Flour
$.25/1 Bag 5lb or Larger Gold Medal Flour
Imperial Sugar Products
$.75 off Select Imperial Sugar Products
Del Monte Fresh Pineapple
Save $.50 on Del Monte Fresh Pineapple
♥♥ Snacks & Appertizers ♥♥