These are one of my families FAVORITES and so VERY Simple!
- Johnsonville Brat (Italian Sausage Variety)
- Bakery Style Buns
- Pizza Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Green Peppers
SOOO yummy, they are always a big hit at cookouts! (You can also fry these during those cold winter months)
Brownies w/ Black Beans
(They will never know)
WHAT? You want me to add black beans to my brownies?
Yup! You heard me right, add a can of black beans to your brownies! Black beans are cheap, healthy, and HIGHLY nutritious! They are also rich in manganese, protein, magnesium, thiamine (Vitamin B1), phosphorus and iron. They are loaded with antioxidants and proven to lower cholesterol.
It really is very simple! All you do is open up a can of black beans, drain them, rinse them, and put them back in the can. Add water to the top of the can, dump beans and water into a blender to puree, and then add to your box brownie mix. Easy as that! (You are eliminating the oil and the egg this way)
You honestly will not be able to tell a difference in the taste! (They are more of a chewy type brownie then a cake type brownie)
Pin this Article HERE
Tired of handing out the same old candy every Halloween? Want to be the house that is the talk of the Trick or Treaters? Think outside the wrapper! Hand out Fla.Vor.Ice pops (unfrozen)!
Now I know there are “healthier options,” and if you do that, that is GREAT! But there are a few reasons I have done Fla.Vor.Ice pops the last few years!
1) Everyone seems to LOVE these, kids and adults a like! (Maybe for us kids it is just a bit more nostalgic) But take a look at them, they are colorful and don’t they just give you that smiley feeling inside? I know they do me!
2) They are tamper resistant! If they have been tampered with in anyway, a parent can tell! (I also put an address label on all of mine, I sure get enough of these free through out the year)
3) It is something different for the kids! I can not tell you the times I drop them in a pumpkin or bag and a kid pulls them out and shows them to his friends or parents with a “AW COOL” being spoken!
4) You can pick these up at pretty much any store towards the end of the summer clearenced. You can get a whole box for just a few bucks!
So, if you are undecided what to hand those little ghost and goblins this year, keep Fla.Vor.Ice Pops in mind, the kids will Thank You!
~ Micki Streeter
Join us on our Facebook Page, We have A LOT of fun!
Think you can not afford Disney? THINK AGAIN! If there is anything I have learned in the last ten years, it is how to save $Money$ and make it a very affordable trip!
Over the next few months, I am going to start posting tips and tricks I have learned to help all of you be able to visit “The Most Magical Place on Earth!”
The first step, Is making sure you are on Disney’s Mailing list. (Click on the picture at the top or at the bottom of this page) A few times a year you will be sent different specials that are exclusive to your family! Usually 40 percent off a hotel stay on Disney Grounds. But that is just the tip of the Castle to helping make it an affordable trip! Stay Tuned Folks…
One Gallon of Milk = Two Gallons of Milk!
Here are two tips to help you save some Moolah!
Cut it in half: I have been doing this for years now! I buy, (Or get FREE with coupons and sales) 2% or Whole Milk, and break it into two gallons. We have always drank 1% or skim milk, so diluting the above two, it tastes the same! I personally prefer to use filtered water from our Brita Filter.
** Please note this will change the vitamins and supplements per serving.
Freeze Milk: Found a really good price? STOCK UP! Freeze your milk! You can freeze it for up to three months. It will expand by 9% so make sure to remove about a cup and half before freezing. It will turn yellowish when frozen, but when you thaw it, it will go back to white. Skim and 1% freeze better then whole or 2%. IT TASTES THE SAME!