Healthy Baby Snack Puffs Recipe
This quick recipe makes good use those half empty jars of rice cereal most parents with little ones have sitting around. Babies, toddlers, & even older kids will devour them. Plus, by adding veggie purees they are a great way to sneak in some hidden nutrients.
Pin It Here: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/420101471473024749/
What you’ll need:
1 cup rice cereal (any brand or flavor)
1 cup flour (white or whole wheat)
2-4oz. baby food purees* OR 1 cup apple sauce
2 teaspoons cinnamon (optional)
2 tablespoons canola oil
3 tablespoons water
How to do it:
- Mix all of the above together into a thick batter. If dough does not completely combine, add a few more drops of water.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment or foil and lightly spray with non-stick oil.
- Using a pastry bag (or ziplock with corner cut off) pipe into stars, long teething sticks or simply spoon onto a cookie sheet and slightly flatten for cookies.
- Bake at 425 for 10-15 minutes until browned and firm. A bit longer for a crunchier style snack.
- Cool, and let the kiddos enjoy.
- Store in an air tight contain for 2-3 days or freeze for up to 1 month.
- These are slightly chewy and a bit more firm than the store bought puffs so watch those babes carefully when trying new foods!!
*use any baby food purees you have. Sweet potatoes, carrots, squash taste great and the kids never know there are veggies! I usually do one veggie and one fruit or the fruit/veggie blend purees.