Caramel Puff Corn Recipe
Preheat Oven to 250 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Two 8-10 oz. bags hull-less popcorn corn puffs
- 3 Cups brown sugar
- 3/4 Cup light corn syrup
- 3 sticks real butter (no substitutions)
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 large roasting pan
(I use disposable aluminum roasters, they are large enough and easy to mix in)
- Bring brown sugar, corn syrup, and butter to boil over medium-low heat in large pot stirring regularly.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add baking soda and stir vigorously (it will become foamy and expand)
- Pour caramel over puffs and stir to coat.
- Bake in a 250 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 1 hour stirring every 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Stir regularly to keep the cooling pieces from sticking together.
- Store in an air tight container.
IMPORTANT: This will not stay crisp if made in humid weather or if left uncovered for long periods.
Recipe and Photo Provided by Leah S!