Bread Pudding Recipe
- 1 to 1 ½ cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups cubed Bread (I used cinnamon bread) leave out over night to become stale
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Suggestion: ½ Cup peeled and cubed apples
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg, beaten
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Grease a 9 x 13 x 2 pan.
3) Put the 3 cups of cubed bread (if thicker is what you prefer add 4 cups) into a bowl
4) Combined in separate bowl the 5 eggs, 1 ½ cups sugar (this makes it really sweet, for a little less sweet use 1 cups), 2 cups milk, & 2 tsp vanilla.
5) Pour the mixed ingredients over the top of the cubed bread and leave it stand for 15 minutes.
6) Combined in another bowl ½ cup brown sugar, ¼ cup softened butter, and 1 cups pecans (if desired) to create the crumble for the top.
7) Pour the bread mixture into the grease pan and then sprinkle the crumble over the top of the bread mixture.
8) Place in oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until set.
9) About 10 to 15 minutes before the bread mixture is done baking, mix together ½ cup melted butter, 1 large beaten egg, 2 tsp vanilla, 1 cup sugar (here again this makes it extremely sweet, so use ½ cup of sugar for a little less sweet), Turn to medium heat and stir together until the sugar melts.
10) When bread mixture is done baking pour the sauce over the top. Can serve warm or cold