BANANA BREAD BAKED OATMEAL
Quickly turn over ripe bananas into this warm & comforting baked oatmeal that tastes just like a slice of fresh baked banana bread. It is even gluten free & and can become dairy free with the use of almond milk! This is wonderful warm out of oven or chilled and served the next day as breakfast on the go or a great addition to a lunch box!
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 t. vanilla
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1/4 t. nutmeg (optional)
- 1 t. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ½ c. chopped nuts (pecans, almonds or walnuts)
- 1½ c. milk
- 2½ c. old fashioned oats
- ¼ c. butter (or coconut oil) melted
1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray an 8×8 casserole with cooking spray.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, mash the bananas.
3. Add the brown sugar, vanilla, milk and eggs. Mix well.
4. Add the oats, nuts, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix well.
5. Stir in melted butter (or coconut oil). Pour into the casserole dish.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Top should be a golden brown and completely set.
7. Serve warm or leftovers taste great served chilled or reheated the next day.